Fellowship, Rehabilitation Training, Internship/Residency,
To qualify for an Education Related Deferment you must
be one of the following:
- Engaged in a full-time course of study in a Graduate
- Engaged in an Internship or Residency program. (Must
have an outstanding FFELP loan first disbursed before
July 1, 1993 or a PLUS loan first disbursed before August
15, 1983. Maximum of two years.)
- Engaged in a full-time Rehabilitation Training program.
- Teaching in a designated Teacher Shortage Area. (Your
first loan must have been made on or after July 1, 1987
and before July 1, 1993. You must reapply each year,
with a maximum of 3 years.)
- A Parent with a PLUS loan who is engaged in a full-time
Graduate Fellowship or Rehabilitation Training program.
Education Deferment Now