Before you borrow, find out how to calculate expected payments. Use our Loan Repayment calculator to judge how much your average monthly payment will be. Of course, until you start repayment, these amounts are only estimates.
Repayment requirements are different based on the types of loans you have: Federal loans or State-Based loans offered by KHESLC.
Federal Loan Repayment
After you graduate, leave school, or drop below half–time enrollment, you have a period of time before you have to begin repayment. This "grace period" will be
Repaying your Federal Family Education Loans (FFELP)
- Six months for a Federal Stafford Loan (Direct Loan Program or Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program)
- Nine months for Federal Perkins Loans
Advantage Education Loan Repayment
The Advantage Education Loan program has three repayment plans. The repayment plan is selected when applying for the loan.
- Full principal and interest payments upon final disbursement
- Interest–only payments for up to 72 months while in school
- Postpone payments for up to 72 months while in school
Once a loan is disbursed, the repayment plan selected during the application process cannot be changed.
Repaying your Advantage Education Loan:
Check out our Publications at: